1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Random happy new user

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by BillUpNorth, Sep 23, 2016.

1. BillUpNorth

BillUpNorth New Member

I've only had my R1+ for about 10 hours now, but I have 9 successful prints.Yes, they're small prints, mainly calibrations, but dang... out of the box and printing quickly, and this is after buying a refurbished model. The only hiccup I've had so far is there was no 115/230V marking on the slider (likely due to a step skipped during the refurbishing) , so a quick call to support and John helped me be sure which way was which (to the right, in case you're curious) without markings to go by.

I'm not new to 3d printing - my little Printrbot Simple wood kit version still gets used, I maintain FDM printers and 1 powder-based (ZCorp) printer at our Makerspace in NH) but I needed my own personal toy with a real build volume and lots of material options. I'd almost been ready to pick up a Prusa kit, but lazy.. wasn't really looking for one more FDM printer to build/repair.. so finding an R1+ refurbished worked out perfectly.

While I'm not a huge fan of MatterControl it's doing fine for now and I'll swap over to Simplify3d (which I use for other printers) in the next few days for complex prints. But figured I'd run the machine through its paces first with all defaults and get to know it first.

Overall a great first day with the printer...

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello! Welcome !

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Bill. Good thing you caught that switch issue. It would have made for a bad day it that was set wrong. Have a great time printing and if you do run into any issues, we are here to help. Of course feel free to show off your trophy prints here as well. Cheers!

Geof likes this.
  4. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

congrats and Welcome!