1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo C2 and Robo R2 Smart 3D Printers

Discussion in 'ROBO 3D News and Announcements' started by ROBOLabs, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim3Dbot

jim3Dbot Active Member

If Robo was a turnkey system, I would of been long bored by now...........After printing the proverbial Rabbet, then installin' Meshmixer, I immediately graduated to placing wings on him.....stretching vital limbs...then printing.........I was hooked.........downloaded Design Spark Mechanical cause it has a companion PCB design package........then created & printed numerous covers & boxes for design proto work. Came to realize, as all others have, that the Hotbed was only a half of a hotbed, the wobble sticks needed replaced with leadscrews, the Z limit switches bowed the glass, the E3Dv6 hotend was the man..........Now I improved that R1, and we are both happier....................Hey...........Thanks Robo appreciate the printer.....

2. ROBOLabs

ROBOLabs Moderator

Hey guys, thank you, we really appreciate the support. We've been grinding away for over 3 years, along the way making tons of sacrifices in our personal lives trying to make Robo what it is today, and we're excited to see where we can take it with our new generation of printers.

I'd like to share with you all a little keychain I whipped up recently in celebration of our new logo. I haven't released this anywhere yet because, originally, I just drew it up really quickly, printed, and handed out some copies around the office to pump everyone up on our new look, but I thought I'd also extend this to our community as a way of including you into our team. I usually modify the g-code after slicing to include an M600 command at the end of the script for LAYER 9 (just above the semi-colon which begins LAYER 10). This allows me to swap out the filament to a different color so that the base of the keychain and the letters of our logo contrast. Keep in mind, I'm using a slightly customized version of our firmware, coupled with a 2004 Smart LCD controller to achieve these results, but I've also printed some of these in a single color, and they look great as well. Please feel free to download the keychain, and if you end up printing one, please post a pic here on the forums to show us your print--thanks!

Enjoy!

download.robo3d.com/stl/robo_logo_keychain.zip

robo keychain pic.jpg

#42 ROBOLabs, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ill give her a go on the sigma! Thanks for sharing

ROBOLabs likes this.
  4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

With the kind of luck and bad feedback I've constantly been giving Robo, you'd think someone would offer to send me one of their new prototypes to review if they've fixed so many design issues.

5. ROBOLabs

ROBOLabs Moderator

You're welcome--looking forward to seeing your print! :)

Geof likes this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd like to see a true 2 material stl (2 seperate STL files togather) for dual color printing.

7. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Nice one @Geof ... use the competitions printer to make it ... not like you don't have a rocking R1+ to make it with HAHA!!!! :D

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol printing on both to keep in good taste :D. Good call buddy !

danzca6 likes this.
  9. daniel871

Just imagine how many hobbyist minds would be blown if multi-extruder printer slicers caught up with their industrial cousins and supported the multi-color STL format.

Geof likes this.
  10. danzca6

Or STL gets replaced with a better standard file format specifically made for 3d printing... Either way slicers will need to keep up like you said.

11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

20160927_204038.jpg 20160927_204027.jpg

Here we go. Ill update with a zip for dual ext. printing

edit: it wont let me upload the stl or the zip file for whatever reason. If you want the dual ext. stl send me a message and I'll get it to you.

#51 Geof, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    ROBOLabs and danzca6 like this.
  12. daniel871

13. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

Damn now that is badass! Prusa does it again!

14. ROBOLabs

ROBOLabs Moderator

Awesome prints, Geof!

Geof likes this.
  15. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

Using up the last of my Robo Filament! The pictures make it look sort of red/orange but I have to say the Robo Red is very Red in person.

Attached Files:

ROBOLabs and Geof like this.
  16. ROBOLabs

ROBOLabs Moderator

Nice--that's a really clean-looking print! Diggin' the dual cooling fans, too. :cool:

Ryan TeGantvoort likes this.
  17. danzca6

So it looks like Robo is looking at creating a new reward on their Kickstarter campaign where you can get both the R2 and the C2 together...cough...another reason they should have called the C2 the D2. Who wouldn't want the R2 D2 combo pack? I mean come on! haha!!!

mark tomlinson and ROBOLabs like this.
  18. danzca6

The Robo app

mark tomlinson, Geof and ROBOLabs like this.
  19. ROBOLabs

ROBOLabs Moderator

Thanks for posting the video. Our goal is to bring 3D printers up to speed with other smart, WiFi-enabled, household devices and appliances. We feel that for such space-age machines, 3D printers have been inexplicably lagging behind other consumer electronics with respect to the convenience we expect from today's ubiquitously integrated technology. Now there's an app for that. :D

Rigmarol likes this.
  20. danzca6

And this looks to be able to work with other networked printers as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.