1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered lead screw replacement problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by oldfarmhand, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

Hello Forum
    Robo R1 Purchased new August 2015
    I had replace my lead screws a couple of weeks ago and and I have done something wrong. One of my problems is, when it starts bed leveling it starts in the air and every time it is suppose to move down to the next spot to touch it moves but it goes up instead of down it never goes down even on the first touch it goes up. The next thing it does after it gets through bed leveling ( which is in the air ) At this time it is supposed to start printing. Now it is still trying to print in the air but as it starts printing is it moves diagonally across the bed not front to back or or side to side but top to bottom at a angle. I know I have done something wrong but not sure what. Now what I changed when I changed the lead screws was : All of this was in the kit that
    i purchased kit from robo, both lead screws with stepper motors attached, the new micro switch holders it did not have any instructions but I went online and download them I then went online to do the firmware upgrade I used the one for robo 3d R1. I got the information on how to do that from this forum.
    I have checked to make sure the micro switches are wired up right and the new switch holders are adjusted right. can someone spend a little time with me to set me on the right direction?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Bad Z switch. at least one is reporting triggered.

I'll post this video (again):

If you check the status of the Z endstops (with the M119 GCode in the terminal) and see if the Z axis is reporting triggered when the extruder is off the bed.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The way the new Z switches work is that they are normally closed and one or more will go to OPEN / triggered when the crossbar lifts up (the extruder is pushing down on the bed).

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

So when the extruder is off the bed (in the air) the switches should be tight up against the crossbar (and closed -- i.e. button pushed by the crossbar sitting on it)

When the extruder hits the bed one or more will lift and then the firmware knows it is on the bed and will go back up (which should close/untrigger the switch). If it only goes up (all the time) then it clearly thinks it is already on the bed :)

5. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

Thanks for the help your right ( as usual ) I just found it hard to belive that the switch went bad while changing the lead screws but it was!

mark tomlinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.