1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Strange First level

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jogul, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jogul

jogul Member

Here is a print of the bottom of case for my external controler. The top part of the print is fine, but the initial layer that that is flat to the bed is pock marked instead of smooth like it is supposed to be. What is the cause of this?

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there, what material, temps, etc. almost looks like it's to hot

3. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

I have had a similar issue. Swapped nozzles and I was good to go again. My case seemed to be a partial clog. When I watched the first layer it looked as though only half of what it was laying down was sticking. The other half was curling up, which gave me a similar result to your image. If that makes sense.

Geof likes this.
  4. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

My experience (extremely limited) is I got that look when it was time to clean off all the hairspray/glue build up on the bed.

Try printing with a raft just for curiosity to see what it looks like.

5. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

I was facing this issue as of late, the way I fixed it was, making sure my z offset was set to what I had it (.5), it moved to .9 automatically and my extruder wasn't getting close enough to the bed. I also manually re-leveled the print bed. I was printing with PLA, so I turned the temp. of my heated bed down to 50. I use the Robo R1 plus and Hatchbox filament, not sure what printer or filament u use. After doing these things my 1 layer of prints are now glossy smooth and pressed down on the bed like they should be.

sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

jogul likes this.