1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Another problem with Circles.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SteveDjarrell, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you can identify which axis (X or Y) seems to be long we can give you more details on where to look for the problem.
    The Y axis is solely the bed movement so the belt, the stepper and pinions under there. Like @Geof mentioned the set screw on the stepper drive cogs is a common issue. They can be ever so slightly loose and cause intermittent small shifts. Heck I saw one where the set screw was not even tightened on the flat, but the curved section of the shaft.
    Loctite -> Your friemd.

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Go with the blue not the red if you ever want to get them off again. Reminds me of a line from the Matrix. :)

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Or green or purple, never red.

4. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

I wanted to get back on here and let everyone know I got it back to working and I discovered PETG, love the stuff. So my issue was a couple things. I had broken Bed rail ends. I replaced on as it was obvious. The other end was not so obvious but after that, replacing one Linear bearing for the Y and then re-tensioning the belts it prints pretty darn good. I would like to thank all that gave suggestion. In the end it was all mechanical. I can now print a 25x25x10 cube and get 25.05X25.03X9.94. I am going to say that is pretty close for printing at .2mm So thank you all.

Rigmarol and Geof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.