1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo Stops Printing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Crisoq, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Crisoq

Crisoq New Member

Hey Guys,

Hope this find you well, I have a problem with printing my own models. I'm modeling in Rhino and exporting as STL. lowering the "resolution" of the mesh exported so the file is not that heavy and detailed. it worked for me once, then the model became a lil more detailed and now it just stops printing all the time. see picture.

Any thoughts on this? i can download more complex models from thingiverse and they print good.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Have you run the models through Netfabb repair (or Microsoft Azure, same thing really)?

3. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

What software are you using? From my own experience simplifi3d does this on my win 10 laptop all the time at random times. I have to print from the SD card. I called them on this and there answer was it's win 10 but all the other software mattercontrol cura ect works just fine.
    Try printing it from an sd card reader and see if that helps.

4. Crisoq

Crisoq New Member

Nope i haven't used netfabb yet. downloading to give it a try.

I'm using matter control with cura. Win 10

I'm printing from the SD card and still stops.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I had the problem as well with Windows 8.1 (and it fixed itself when I upgraded to 10).
    The USB drivers with Windows is, I suspect, the real issue.
    USB is a gnarly interface to write code for in Windows anyway, but this is not an excuse :)

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Be sure your driver is set to Arduino Mega 2560

If you need more help with mattercontrol bugging out I suggest contacting matterhackers directly so they're aware of the issue: https://www.matterhackers.com/community/forum

7. Crisoq

Crisoq New Member

hey guys, thanks all for your reply. the model definitely had some microscopic issues and i couldn't see them, I fixed it with Netfabb and voila, it printed without an issue. another thing that i found that it was giving me problems was that even if i was printing from SD card and leave the usb cable connected, any little issue that happens in the computer it'll stop the print, like, computer was sleeping and after 10 hrs of printing i woke it up to do some work and it stopped the printing.

so basically it got resolved by fixing the model with Netfabb and when printing from SD card disconnect the computer, not just the software, but the cable connection as well.

Thanks Guys.

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Hmmm. When I launch a print from the SD card I can unplug the USB cable and it prints merrily along.

9. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

Yeah that's what I do because I found out the hard way that the computer still has some control so unplugging the usb cable works the best for me. At least with S3D

#9 Chuck Erwin, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  10. dmiles

dmiles New Member

You have the cleanest Robo I have ever seen.