1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved problem with small prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by moelafi, Nov 11, 2016.

1. moelafi

moelafi Member

hi guys

there is this problem i get whenever i try to print something very small, for example, small letters, the matter control software as shown in the pictures separates the sides of the litter and prints them in 3 parts with a path or a whole between them.... even though in the original design they are one solid piece, this happened to me before when i tried to print a small house, the walls of the house looked like two walls next to each other, is there a setting i can change in matter control to fix this ?

my second issue today is a strong hit sound that comes when the r1+ is doing the auto leveling thing, when it finished the first 6 points and goes to the last 3 at the back of the build area a hit sound comes out from the bid when the bed reaches the last point it goes to in the z- axis

Attached Files:

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

1st issue is just design vs nozzle size. You have a .4mm nozzle and depending on the thickness of the lettering it won't be able to make an even amount of passes over the letters. Hence the gaps on some. A smaller nozzle size or if it is your design you can make the lettering a bit bigger.

Second issue is you are hitting the Y axis endstop. Figure that out before doing anything with the letters so you don't stress out the moving parts of your printer. You may have the build size defined just a little too large for Y. Has this just started? If so, have you updated firmware lately? Other thing is to raise the glass and make sure no wiring is catching under there.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

yea, that is usually the silly ribbon cable getting hung up.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

That bracket they use to hold the ribbon cable is annoying. I removed mine

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. moelafi

moelafi Member

should i just take it off ? and let the black wire of the heat bet loose

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

7. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ive got mine off and zero issues. You can readjust the clamp so it doesnt hit the middle plate but i opted put lol