1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Quick release screw won't unscrew

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cody Holland, Nov 8, 2016.

1. cosber

cosber Active Member

I also had the same problem with overtightened screw. I feared I was going to strip the screw head, and as I am fortunate to live in San Diego area I took it in. Jerry eventually was able to loosen it. Forget using an electric screwdriver, you need a lot of torque. I noticed the small screw driver that came with Robo has a really good tip but is too small to get the proper torque. The other longer screw drivers I had didn't have as good a tip. I think if I would have gone to Sears and got a got an equally good but longer one, I think I could have gotten it off myself.

Rigmarol likes this.
  2. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

SOOOOO I gave up and got a replacement sent to me after one of the co-founders of the company contacted me, i was told this one would work for sure! I just unboxed and set it up, went to change the voltage to turn it on and...the is no voltage switch... just a hole in the casing leading to a silver panel .....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

[​IMG]

4. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

[​IMG]

5. cosber

cosber Active Member

But can you unloosen the screw?:rolleyes:

6. Cody Holland

Cody Holland Member

lol not reading that comment

7. cosber

cosber Active Member

Give them one more chance. You're having one of those bad luck experiences. You'll be happy with it once you get one that works!

8. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Rest the printer on its side and try taking the screws out of the bottom lid. I wonder if he flipped the PSU so that the switch no longer aligns with the external hole. It is just slid in and you should be able to slide it out and see. Fingers crossed it has a selection. If it doesn't, it should be set for US power. Oh, and of course make sure it isn't plugged in when taking things apart.

Geof likes this.
  9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ditto. Youll just need to pull it to verify the switch is set right, more than likely it is but defianently worth checking

10. Hanover

Hanover Member

Funny, I'm having the exact same issue with the screw right now. It's too tight and now it's stripped. :mad:

11. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

They used a stupid nylock nut -- not needed and makes getting it loose unfortunately difficult.
    I doubt the screw is tripped but the little slot that they have the nut held it probably is (so the nut just spins). Getting it loose requires playing games to get something stuck down in there to keep the nut from spinning.

Geof likes this.