1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Mattercontrol crashes since win 10 update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Strabe3D, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strabe3D

Strabe3D New Member

Ever since I (begrudgingly) updated to Windows 10, Mattercontrol crashes frequently. I posted to the Robo3D users group on Thingiverse and tried changing the compatability to Win 7. This seemed to solve the problem, but yesterday alone MC crashed 6-8 times. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm beginning to wonder if it's my computer. (HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook, AMD A6 3400M)

2. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I have used MC on Windows 10 quite a bit and did not have any issues.
    If it were me, I would uninstall MC, delete any folders and contents it may leave behind and use a registry cleaner to clean up the registry just in case.

I highly recommend CCleaner (free). It also has a great program uninstaller built in too.

Good luck.

I have since moved on to Cura myself. I like it better than MC for better control.

Strabe3D likes this.
  3. Strabe3D

Strabe3D New Member

4. Strabe3D

Strabe3D New Member

Thanks Rigamarol. I did try an uninstall before but I failed to delete registry files. I will do that next. Meanwhile Windows troubleshooter recommended running it in Win 8 compatability mode. I'm trying that now and currently printing. Finally, I have used CCleaner in the past and am a huge fan of it, although it's been a while since I did a cleaning. Thanks for the suggestions and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick response as well.

Ken

5. Strabe3D

Strabe3D New Member

So I updated to MC 1.6 the other day and I've had no crashes. Based on the responses I got from the Robo3D community on Thingiverse, I have concluded that it's a computer issue more than a MC issue. So far, so good.

6. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I installed MC 1.6 on two machines and one crashed and the other didn't. Both Windows 10 machines.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This totally has to be dealt with via MatterHackers since it is their baby :)

Geof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.