1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Model is printing 1 inch behind the center of the marked heated area of the table

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jim Zwieg, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Jim Zwieg

Jim Zwieg New Member

Every time I print a model, it is centered left to right but it is set 1 inch behind to center of the marked hot area of the table. Can this be adjusted.
    Must the model always be printed in the center of the table? I am thinking of using BuildTak on the table and they suggest using different area of the table for printing and uniform wear.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The markings are meaningless
    If you want to adjust it you need to shrink the bed build area.
    I'd rather keep the build area than worry about the markings on the bed :)

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

they really should have put that in bold next to R1. "These letterings are off centered, please ignore"

4. Jim Zwieg

Jim Zwieg New Member

Thank you. Will one of the other slicers be able to force a different starting position for the model? Cura or Simply3D?

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

hi Jim. Center is center , regardless. I would sincerely give it a week or two of printing there and then it will feel normal to you.The markings for whatever reason are about that inch off from center, but the machine only knows center.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yup, that is what I meant by shrinking the build area. You can shift the edges that way (not so much the center as @Geof points out).
    99% of what the printer does is math :) It only knows the home positions for each of the axis (only sensors it has).

7. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I use hairspray for adhesion. Rather than add more as I print each model I simply move the model in the model view in my software.
    I can then print on fresh unused hairspray.
    It's just a matter of drag and drop in the software to a new location.

Think of the markings on the bed like the label on a can. Information only. "This is hot".