1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PROTOFACTOR INC's C2's print results

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by PROTOFACTOR INC, Dec 22, 2016.

1. PROTOFACTOR INC

PROTOFACTOR INC New Member

some more results. I'm using Cura for setting up the prints. I'm not quite sure as to how set up multiple marts on one build plate in cura yet. When import multiple model it's just slicing one and not the others... Setting up complex organic part on the build plate is very tricky. It's a science to know how it would print best... Supports in Cura is a real pain to remove, not sure if in Siplify3D it's easier (can someone chime in and light my lantern on that matter please???? :) )
    I printed some more PLA this time at 0.2mm thickness layer, 1mm wal thickness and 10% infill. Prints turned out pretty good! Besides an apparent issue on one of the prints: the toes were not printed right... :( or not even at all... For some reason the printer didn't print the tip of the 3 toes (highest point in the print). I tried sanding as much as I could, sanding organic parts is definitely a long big pain everywhere... but it's worth it. There are still some really visible layer lines though. Even with priming it'll still be visible... oh well... Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is an about 6" tall figure.

2. JjD

JjD New Member

I hope this works.
    Sample video.
    Set up prior to starting whistle. Then later in the print setting up the base.

Lee, Ed Ferguson and supernovae like this.
  3. JjD

JjD New Member

sticker on the back of the computer next to the power plug-in and under the printed name of the printer. My API key is all letters

4. JjD

JjD New Member

I cannot get the software to load from the internet/USB they sent with the machine.
    It will down load and when I hit the file nothing happens. Did not work on my laptop or home PC.

5. Mater

Mater New Member

I got my C2 on the 23rd. This is my first 3d Printer and I printed the wavy vase that was on the USB and my son picked out a mongolian warrior on thingiverse. The vase was printed with 0.1mm layer thickness and the warrior was done with 0.2mm and 20% infill. For the most part they came out pretty good. The vase has a couple spots where the filament dragged over to the next wave and near the top some of the waves were not aligned. The warrior printed out good, there was a lot more support that I thought there would be.
    20161226_173923.jpg 20161226_173918.jpg 20161226_173929.jpg 20161226_173933.jpg 20161226_173954.jpg 20161226_180538.jpg 20161226_180559.jpg
    These pics were taken with my phone. I'll try later to upload better quality pics.

6. supernovae

supernovae Member

7. Jeff Aronowitz

Jeff Aronowitz New Member

I posted some videos of the Robo C2 on YouTube, but it won't let me post links. I'll be posting more soon of actual printing that will be timelapse and final quality reviews. Stay tuned!

8. Jeff Aronowitz

Also, anyone having issues with this filament? It is wound so tight it keeps jumping off the spool. At first I thought the small spool was "cute" until it started flailing all over the place while printing. Any tips would be appreciated, otherwise I'm going back to my trusty esun PLA+.

9. Jeff Aronowitz

supernovae likes this.
  10. Jeff Aronowitz

As promised:

supernovae likes this.
  11. supernovae

supernovae Member

You're awesome Jeff! Thanks so much! great video too

IBot07 likes this.
  12. Jeff Aronowitz

Here's another one:

IBot07, supernovae and Ed Ferguson like this.
  13. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

Thanks for sharing your video Jeff. Lookin' forward to receiving my Kickstarter R2

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Jeff,

I dont have any idea how the C2 holds its spools, but as far as the blue pla sample that comes with ALL robo 3D Printers....well its just not very good. not very good to the point most of us senior members advise pitching it in loo of a good spool. Keep in mind, yes it can be run. but more often then not...its just not worth it.

15. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Jeff,
    Out of curiousity, what was the print sets and times on your fidget spinner and squirtle? Curious what speeds robo is able to acquire moving to the gantry style vs cartesian.

16. John M. Fruits

A while back, I made several modifications to my R1 (original kickstarter printer) and this is the results I was getting with a new hot end, heated bed, new limiter rails, etc......

Attached Files:

Luke W likes this.
  17. John M. Fruits

So yesterday I decided to print the same thing for comparison. This was printed on the new C2, with the default (highpla) profile loaded in the printer.....it automatically included a raft and a medium infill (not adjustable at this point.....more on that later). This is using the supplied PLA that came with the printer....

Attached Files:

Ed Ferguson and IBot07 like this.
  18. John M. Fruits

The issue I am having is the new Cura software is only available on the PC, and I only have macs. My new MacBook Pro has parallels and windows installed, but at this point I am not able to get Cura to communicate thru parallels....(although I can web access the octoprint via the IP address). So, until the Cura for mac is available, my printing abilities are limited.

But all in all, very pleased with the printer!

19. John M. Fruits

Here is a close up of the legs....

You can see the difference in the resolution...... neither model was modified (sanded, smoothed, etc....)

Attached Files:

Ed Ferguson and IBot07 like this.
  20. IBot07

IBot07 New Member

I can't wait for my R2

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk