1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!
Mike Kelly
Last Activity:
Apr 21, 2020
Birthday:
Apr 22, 1986 (Age: 37)
Mechanical Engineer

Share This Page

Mike Kelly

Volunteer, Male, 37, from Boston, MA

Mike Kelly was last seen:
Apr 21, 2020
    1. john c
      john c
      Thanks Mike. Got a spare board I'll take one of that should work then if every thing else is set up OK.
    2. john c
      john c
      Hi I have just upgraded my robo beta to dual extruder's. The second extruder will not work. Could be firmware issue not sure, the hot ends are Chimera and the firmware is set up to their E3D on-line Wiki page.
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        You need a second stepped driver
        Nov 28, 2015
    3. aznhlfan
      aznhlfan
      I had a jam in the extruder of my robo 3d plus, i took the extruder off, cleared the jam, put it back together, and now the extruder wont heat up past 48. What didnt I connect right?
    4. Robotron
      Robotron
      Hey Mike i was wondering if you have any idea on how to fix the problem i am running into on my R1. The Robo 3d logo is facing me every time i hit home and it goes to the left its not sensing its the end and it keeps hitting the end for about 20 to 30 secs then goes down to the bed. Any ideas on what may be the problem ? i check the switch with my meter and that seems to be working fine.

thanks
    5. Miguel Angel Quintero
      Miguel Angel Quintero
      Hey mike...I've recently installed a e3d v6 and my results on my prints are just awful...they start well, first three layers, but then its a mess, however, sometimes they finish well. I'm thinking it's a z axis issue pressing down too hard in some areas and scrapping across the print.

any ideas?
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        Go ahead and make a thread with pictures
        Aug 25, 2015
    6. PeterkSharma
      PeterkSharma
      Do you like the dual v6 or chimaera more? Also do you need to do Biden for those set ups
      1. Mike Kelly likes this.
      2. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        That's hard to say. There's advantages to each. I think in general the chimera is fine, but there's something to be said about having only one nozzle. You do need a bowden setup though someone came up with a direct feed setup but it doesn't fit the robo without mods.
        Aug 23, 2015
      3. PeterkSharma
        PeterkSharma
        What about using the hercustruder? will I need 2 bowden setups? (need to purchase a motor for the second extruder)
        Aug 23, 2015
      4. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        I like the hercustruder a lot, but I would definitely suggest using gearing on the extruder. EIther with a greg's wade extruder or a geared nema 17 stepper motor.
        Aug 24, 2015
    7. Noah ng
      Noah ng
      One question every time I go to print something it will print one layer and then the heater will just turn off and the temp will decrease rapidly. It happens on every print and it might be the thermistor I have but everything reads fine before the print every is working fine until it gets finished with that first layer.
      1. Noah ng
      2. daniel871
        daniel871
        Have you made sure your slicer doesnt have a second temperature set point of 0 after the first layer?
        Jul 23, 2015
      3. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        Is it getting an error message?
        Jul 23, 2015
    8. yucelll
      yucelll
    9. Santiago Gallo
      Santiago Gallo
      Hey Mike,
      Is there a CAD model of the the body of the Robo R1 available? I would like to water jet cut an enclosure for it, and see if this helps my warping problems.
      1. Mike Kelly
      2. Ryan TeGantvoort
        Ryan TeGantvoort
        Excellent work Mike! Thanks for posting the Pack and Go from SolidWorks! I just received my new R1 +Plus and was going to draw it myself. You sir, have saved me a ton of time! Now I can start building mods!
        Mar 14, 2016
    10. wellie
      wellie
      hola MIKE
      mi problema es que se cierra matter control no deja configurar nada sale el mensaje que error de windows . hace falta algún driver? por otro lado instale repetier host v1.0.6 funciono comando en los 3 ejes , pero mire que tu das a configurar Cura cual de los dos fofware es recomendable? mi maquina robo no se me dañara por usar otro sofware?
      gracias por su atención.
      1. Miguel Angel Quintero likes this.
      2. mark tomlinson
        mark tomlinson
        Si instala el Arduino IDE de www.arduino.com se instalará el controlador/'driver'.

Usted puede usar de forma segura cualquier software de la impresora. Sólo configurar que el software de la impresora. Cualquiera de Cura o "Repetier host' es un software bien. Simplify3D es uno de los mejores, pero no es gratis. (Sorry, but my Spanish is old and not often used any more)
        May 28, 2015
    11. 1ArmsBandit
      1ArmsBandit
      Hey Mike I live in Milliken ,Co maybe we could solve my Robo 3d issues?
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        What sort of help are you looking for?
        May 26, 2015
    12. Mike Kelly
      Mike Kelly
      Please make a thread for any general questions you have for me. That way they're available to the public and I check all new posts.
      1. Poodineh
    13. Mike Kelly
      Mike Kelly
      I'll be on travel from Saturday the 25th to Wednesday the 29th.
      1. mark tomlinson
        mark tomlinson
        Ah, we'll miss ya
        Apr 25, 2015
    14. Flavio
      Flavio
      Hi Mike,
      I'm in search of Robo 3D CAD files (Parts) to create some improvements, but I can find only the external enclosure.

I saw that your drawings are very detailed and complete of all the parts that make up the R1.

Can I ask where you found them?

I want to try to create a new X axis movement (direct) with your dual bowden E3D.

Thanks
      Flavio
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Flavio
        Flavio
        Hi Mike, can you help me ?
        Mar 11, 2015
      3. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        I'm working on compiling the whole robo printer for thingiverse. Got to get some approvals from them first since I used a lot of original resources.

Give me a few days and keep an eye on my thingiverse
        Mar 11, 2015
      4. Flavio
        Flavio
        Perfect !!

Thanks a lot !!
        Flavio
        Mar 11, 2015
    15. OMG Really!
      OMG Really!
      Guru Mike. I have belatedly just completed my y axis upgrade/ autolevel / E3D upgrade and am at that firmware bit after the rebuild. I have flashed Autolevel 7_17_516inch into the Arduino and updated MatterControl Firmware............ but Mark T. advised that their is a custom amendment I need to 'flash?' to get the E3D right. Do you have a link/explanation for this please.
      thanks
    16. Nader Bechraoui
      Nader Bechraoui
      I have seen your Dual Bowden X Carriage, I like it so much and I like to convert my 3D printer to a dual extruder too.
      Can you please send me the SLDPRT files, cause I need to adjust it for my 3D printer (distance between rails and change the the hotends by a hexagon ones)
      Thanks.
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        Lemme compile it for you, but you're going to have a lot of work to make it work for you
        Jan 30, 2015
    17. c20et
      c20et
      Hi I have got inventor software. I was trying to print something using the inventor software and the printer stopped after finishing 80% of my print. I have kept everything as it is. Is there any way I can resume the printer to continue and finish my existing print? Thanks
    18. Mike Kelly
      Mike Kelly
      Please make a thread for any questions you have for me. That way they're available to the public and I check all new posts.
    19. Carlos Fernando Hernandez
      Carlos Fernando Hernandez
      Hi Mike, what happened to shoutbox or chat forum?
    20. Brandon Quimson
      Brandon Quimson
      hey mike are you running a duel bowden setup on your robo3d ? If so, please give me some advise as I plan on doing the same.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Brandon Quimson
        Brandon Quimson
        Yeah I know. What controller board are you using?
        Oct 21, 2014
      3. Mike Kelly
        Oct 21, 2014
      4. Brandon Quimson
        Brandon Quimson
        Okay thanks.
        Oct 21, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 22, 1986 (Age: 37)
    Mechanical Engineer
    gtalk: skype name @gmail.com

Signature

Any opinion or advice is that of my own. It should not be construed as official advice from any company or party. Perform any work at your own risk. Know your limits. My recommendations will not void the warranty.

If you appreciate my advice and would like to help out my hobby, consider donating through PayPal or purchasing something from my amazon wishlist