1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

14+ months with Robo R1 still going strong

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Mikethinks, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

So after 14 months with my ROBO I'm happy to report it is now (and has been for nearly a year) a click and print device.

Being an early run printer (just after kickstarter) I did have to get the updated heat bed wire harness due to a problem with the early wire harness (Robo notified me and it was 100% free), and one of my z-rod couplers came loose (fixed that in 10 minutes). These early production run issues aside, the printer preforms very well for an amazing price. Took me a few weeks to get the hang of what worked for me as far as z-axis offsets, temperatures, movement speed etc; All that has been left alone for the past year and I just load up gcode and print now.

The only mods I've done are:

--The stabilizer at the top of the z guide rods (now standard) that I printed with the printer.

--Led Lighting along the top to better see the prints

--Aluminum bed (Which I made while waiting for the fixed heat bed to be sent back at no charge.)

Since I needed to send in my old bed to get the heated bed wiring fixed, and didn't want to go a few weeks without being able to 3d print so I had a piece of aluminum cut to size and used that as an unheated bed while I waited. There was a shipping issue with my replacement bed (DHL apparently stepped on it) so I put a heating element on the aluminum bed and was having such good luck with my prints that I never reinstalled the glass bed (which works fine, but since the aluminum is working, why change it.)

I even print out party favors for my wife's even planning business with my Robo. The print quality is very good, and the reliability has been awesome.