1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved 2nd printer and can't get the printing right

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by aznhlfan, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enric corbeil

enric corbeil New Member

thank's mate!

2. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

I finally figured out my problem, after months of trying what i thought was everything. It was actually super simple. I was having an under extrusion problem that after trying multiple things, figured it had to be in the firmware. When i upgraded the firmware in both my machines, I started having this issue of underextrusion. So i tried turning the temp on the nozzle down, but not up. So I turned it up to 230, higher than I normally do and it printed perfect. Smoothas glass bottom, water tight, and even the lettering was perfect as it had been before the firmware upgrade. So i did some digging on the net, asked a 3D guy I know, and found the problem. According to him, that probably means that the thermister value in the firmware is wrong. I never changed it when i upgrade, but the new firmware must have been written a little wrong. Because it happen to both my printers immediately after the upgrade. Both printers are Robo R1+'s by the way and i upgraded from v1 firmware to v2 that was listed on the Robo website.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I can verify both firmwares on the R1+ are correct for the stock thermistors. If you have upgraded to an E3DV6 then you should have changed the thermistor type or if you got a fully assembled hexagon or other variety from somewhere you likely could have the wrong value BUT the firmware listed is correct :D. I've used and modified both along my R1+ travels :D

mark tomlinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.