1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

32-Bit Heart Transplant for the Robo R2

Discussion in 'Projects' started by WheresWaldo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

This is just a placeholder for something I am thinking about working on. I have a few 32-bit boards either on the way or in-hand and I finally got around to installing and compiling Marlin 2.0.x successfully. I still want to source some panel connectors so that from the outside, the R2 still looks and connects like an R2.

Geof likes this.
  2. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Have a board in mind to upgrade to. It is not state of the art, in fact it has been collecting dust in a box for almost two years, but it is a 32-bit board with TI DRV8825 drivers. Makerbase MKS SBase. Before I start I need to find a couple of things, First I want to put a 4-pin power jack so I don't have to replace or modify the power supply and I need to buy a switch to mount in the hole that will be left when I remove the robo board.

I already have Marlin bugfix 2.0.x compiled for this board. I am hoping to use all the existing hardware included in the R2.

#2 WheresWaldo, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  3. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

reserved post 3

4. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

reserved post 4