1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

3d noob

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Kevin Nguyen, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen New Member

Ordered my first 3d printer from robo3d 9/4/14 can't wait for it to actually ship. Just wondering what's the first few problems I should expect. I'm only going to be using pla until I'm confident with it. I'm slowly learning how to use 3ds max and netfabb. After I become confident with pla I want to try more flexible materials any suggestions toward that?

2 people like this.
  2. amberboy

amberboy New Member

3. collin

collin New Member

hey kevin, it was smart to post in the forum because its your best resource to get help (and you WILL need it)

here are a few things i wish people had told me when i started.

screw tape, use hairspray to secure your prints to the bed there are a number of reasons why, but trust me for pla nothing works better. very important

nozzle height form the bed is very important. Make sure when you start using repiteir that you tune your z offset. it will have to play with that setting.

don't get frustrated if you have any problem post in the forum and we will help you problem by problem. it might take a bit but we will get ya going man.

4. collin

collin New Member

when you post a problem, post it with pictures or a video people will be able to help you better.

2 people like this.
  5. Kevin Nguyen

Kevin Nguyen New Member

Thanks collin i've been getting a lot of help from the Shoutbox mainly @Mike Kelly and @donhuevo. I was able to finish a 19hour print last night i'm using aquanet hairspray from Target. Im not using the free softwares like most since I actually found a cracked copy of Simplify3d to work with.

3 people like this.
  6. collin

collin New Member

Nice im really really happy its working out for you. When you get good and confident go to the mods and upgrades tab in the forum and checkout the some cool upgrades you can make.