1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

$466 R1+ at Amazon on October 1st.

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Hanover, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Hanover

Hanover Member

Just a heads up! I saw that you can preorder an R1+ at Amazon for $466. They'll be shipping on October 1st. To me that's a no brainer for a second R1+ since my first one cost $700.

They were $400 last night. Guess I need to check every day. :)

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

They must be getting rid of any and all stock. Last I heard the R1+ is no more. Only C2 and R2.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure, still a good deal. The refurb R1+ units Robo was selling were roughly that price (before they sold out).

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Indeed. I've been sticking with used R1+ or R1 machines....can get cheap and fix even cheaper :D. Figure if new is 450+/- then used is 175-200 max...50 bucks tops to fix anything wrong with them....I typically add another 60 to that for a E3D but I have gobs of them laying around :D

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, needing work if you can get them at the $200 mark -- then it is a steal.
    You are not going to drop another $200 to get it back up and running with new bits.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

agreed. Best route to go in my opinion. Expecially after seeing how Reman units come :D

7. Michael Walker

I bought one on their website for $499 Refurb, so to me that was a good deal..

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

That isn't a bad deal, expecially since they come with a warranty (right?). I tend to pick up used machines since they are normally lightly used anyway and refurb myself for around 200.00 or less. Might be worth looking into that option if you decide to add more printers :D

9. Michael Walker

Yes a 30 day warranty...that's why I went here the Robo Website, where are you getting used ones?

10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Craigslist or here on the forum occasionally someone will sell one (do so at your own risk and make sure they are someone you can trust). The used "resale" market on 3d printers is worse than when you buy a new car :D be lucky to have half value after the first print. I just keep all mine :D Capacity.