1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

A couple more printed hands

Discussion in 'Projects' started by AxisLab, Oct 28, 2014.

1. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

Been a busy couple weeks, One hand went to New York, another to Hawaii.

This first one was for a young man who wanted a "robot hand", and his new nickname to be "Cyborg".
    I was totally down with it. Seeing as these are pretty robotic looking already, I spiced up the presentation box for it. With some "Top Secret" files and box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This next one was a super fun IronMan hand, But sadly the files came out far too large, so it is coming back to me.
    I am now printing him a new BATMAN hand instead :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This just kicks ass.

2 people like this.
  3. gravityisweak

gravityisweak Member

I've just printed my first raptor hand. I'll hopefully be able to assemble it this weekend. I'm not sure my Robo 3D is up to the task of printing all the parts in one print just yet though, so it took me about 2 weeks of doing 2-3 parts per night.

Do you add additional support when printing the gauntlet and palm or is the built in support enough?

4. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

Awesome man! Pictures :)

I like doing multiple colors, so I tend to break the parts into groups anyway, although I have printed the full plate of parts on ROBO before.

I don't use any added supports anymore. The very middle, underside of the gauntlet, or a bit in the palm, may have some surface sag, but a little sanding and it gets covered with padding and Velcro anyway. Its never been an issue.

5. gravityisweak

gravityisweak Member

As requested. Still needs assembly though.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.