1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

A specific glossary?

Discussion in 'Requests and Suggestions' started by David, Mar 7, 2013.

1. David

David New Member

Hi there!

I was wondering if it could be a good idea to create a post with a Glossary into. I mean I see everywhere technical words like "heated bed", "LM8UU bearings", etc...

Of course I can find information on http://reprap.org/wiki/Heated_Bed for instance, but it's not very synthetic and, more than all, it's not specific to the robo3D Printer.

My idea, maybe bad one, would be to try to have only 1 post on this forum where we/I could sum up all the technical terms, with their explanations.
    I see 2 advantages with that:

People could understand what means each term used into every threads. Even when you're not an English native speaker (like me :rolleyes: )
    We could be able to explain what are the improvements expected if we try to replace a mechanical stuff by another one. As I would be interested in improving my printer, I would like to have a place where I can find all the improvements possible (maybe it could be done into another thread).

Of course, I'm volunteer to open this thread into the "printing" section, even with my level of English, but I also wanted to have your opinion about that idea!

Thanks in advance :)

D

2 people like this.