1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!
  2. Please message Harry if you experience any technical difficulties while using the forum. Thank you.

ABS on the R2

Discussion in 'Filament' started by Gary Boyce, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Gary Boyce

Gary Boyce New Member

I have the R1+ and am waiting on my shipping for my R2. I can print small stuff in ABS on the R1+ but anything larger than about 50mm curls badly. I have tried many things with temp and make-shift enclosures, but nothing has made it any better. I am wondering if anyone is using ABS on the R2 yet, and how its going with it.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Still effectively an open bay printer, but not as open as the R1 series :)
    At a guess I'd say printing it will be much the same (not a heated chamber after all).

Perhaps someone has actually done it and can chime in. It has been forever since we printed it (too many better alternatives).

3. Gary Boyce

Gary Boyce New Member

What are the better alternatives?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Well, now that requires me to know why you wanted to use ABS :) What property (or combination of properties) does it have that you want. I assure you it has NO property (or combination of properties) that is not better in an alternative with possible exception of price.

Material science ! There are a LOT of choices out there these days too.

Ed Ferguson and Geof like this.