1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved ABS Printing issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Staube3, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Staube3

Staube3 New Member

I am having difficulties printing a design I have used a dozen time in the past. I don't know what the issue could be that is causing this but I have tried reloading firmware, cleaning the nozzle, cleaning the drive, heating the filament in the oven. My printer will print the raft but nothing beyond that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Link to video is below.

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Is the small fan on the side of your hotend (cold end fan) spinning ? Not the part cooler- the small 25mm one

3. Staube3

Staube3 New Member

It was spinning, however, the fan shroud is starting to look dirty and worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Staube3

Staube3 New Member

Also it extrudes manually without issue. The filament looks good and rafting seems to print without issues. It appears that the problem occurs on the first layer on up with any print I attempt.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

What I wonder is if the fan is weak causing heat creep (which happens after some time of running). Might also check and make sure the fan on the bottom of the printer is running. It causes crazy issues If it dies

6. Staube3

Staube3 New Member

That makes sense. I’m going to check that out. I’ll post my findings. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Staube3

Staube3 New Member

I was able to figure things out. I believe that I must have opened the brass nozzle just a touch to much when cleaning last. I replaced the nozzle and ran a test print and all was back to normal. If anyone can give some proper tips to cleaning the nozzle correctly it would be greatly appreciated!

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

As cheap as nozzle are I just replace them every few months or after running abrasive
    Anymore I don’t even clean them after a jam- just replace