1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Actual print is different to G Code in Repetier

Discussion in 'Software' started by Simon Sizzler, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Simon Sizzler

Simon Sizzler New Member

Not sure if anyone has already posted this problem, couldn't find anything on the forums but I have a problem with the print not matching the G Code in Repetier.

The STL file is created in Autodesk Inventor, I load it into Repetier, slice, all looks good but when I print the model it does not match the G Code and 3d file generated in repetier, the shape is different. As the plastic model is being made in the Robo3d, I watch the progress in Repetier and the red line (simulating the position of the extruder) is correct but the path of the actual extruder is different. Very odd, anyone have any idea?

2. Simon Sizzler

Simon Sizzler New Member

Have attached a screenshot of the 3d sliced model in repetier and a photo of actual 3d model part if that helps

Attached Files:

3. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

Is the problem the bump on the bottom right? Are there other problems? The tool path follows that bump and it's not just over extruding? Its kind of hard to tell from the photo. If so, that's really odd.

4. Simon Sizzler

Simon Sizzler New Member

Hello SteveC, thanks for your response. It is the bump on the bottom right and other problems. Just built another part and the circular hole that was clearly a circular hole in the G Code came out quite a strange shape. Trying to build another part now and the skirt is doing this too, in the G Code the skirt is a match for the curvature of the part but when building this also comes out a different shape just like the part. I can only think that there may be a problem with the board in the Robo3d, it's very odd.

5. polylac

polylac New Member

are your belts thight so there are no missing steps?
    are the pullies mounted good?

6. Simon Sizzler

Simon Sizzler New Member

Hello Polylac. Pulleys seems to be tight, belt seems pretty tight but how tight should it be? Difficult to gauge.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

8. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

I cannot think how this could be a problem anywhere in the firmware/electronics/motor path. The problem looks too consistent over many layers. Does a problem similar to the lower right bulge happen at the rear at the same X coordinates? A better photo would help. Does the X carriage move by hand smoothly though those coordinates?

Just a thought: does the X carriage wire harness bind somehow above when it goes through that area?

If the X belts were loose and skipping I would not think that the bulge would be consistent from layer to layer. Also the problem would skew the entire print over each time it happened.

9. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

The gcode simulator is a great idea.

10. Simon Sizzler

Simon Sizzler New Member

Thanks for your feedback, going to run through the G Code simulator.

11. polylac

polylac New Member

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

What did this issue turn out to be Gcode or printer?