1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

AllProfessional3d filament

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by m4r1n5, May 12, 2016.

1. m4r1n5

m4r1n5 Member

I bought 3 rolls of filament for www.allprofesional3d.com. 1-white PLA, 1-grey PETG, 1-natural Polypropylene (PP). It was cheap, said it's made in Pennsylvania, and had a good review on youtube. I figured I would buy some and review here as I print with them.

IMG_20160512_222515_resized.jpg

When I made the purchase I was emailed a day later saying Grey PETG was not available and would take 2 weeks to fill that order (doesn't it take about that long to get something from China?..). I settled for black so I could get the filament. I paid on the 2nd and received it on the 11th (May) by UPS. The box it came in were 2 small boxes put together to form a long enough box to fit all 3 filaments. Of the 3 only 1 (pictured) of the filaments were vacuum sealed (PP). the other 2 were not. The PETG came in a different spool type than the PP and PLA. not sure why.

IMG_20160512_215759_resized.jpg

I just used the PLA and did a quick cube to see how it was on the R1+. My setup is I use Simplify3d for the Gcode and run it from the SDcard through Matter Control (really works well for me right now). I stopped the print 3/4 way through because it was stringy ( I used the recommended 210c & 55c bed) and everything else looked ok to me.

IMG_20160512_210528_resized.jpg IMG_20160512_210516_resized.jpg

I dropped the temp to 205c and kept the bed at 55c. The prints came out really good. No strings, the "rafters" in the roof (printing this for someone) look great and the supports came out nice. This PLA seems a little less rigid than PLA is normally. Not sure what to make of that but the print is nice. I will add PETG and PP when I print with those.

Wild8Wire likes this.
  2. 3D Printer Man

Thanks for reviewing!