1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Andrew's Printer

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Andrew Thompson, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Andrew Thompson

Andrew Thompson New Member

Hi, I recently bought a Robo 3D R1 printer at Makerfaire 2014 in NYC. Everything was great until a few weeks ago i noticed this black "spill" on my print. Upon further inspection, I noticed a black plastic shroud on the end of my printer. It doesn't look like any of the pictures I've seen online. I'm wondering if this is a problem and if so, how to remove it since I see a full-metal nozzle under this. By the way, I was using Repetier Host at the time, but I am now using Simplify3D. Photo Dec 28, 8 00 53 PM.jpg Photo Dec 28, 8 02 32 PM.jpg

2. Robert Choban

Robert Choban Active Member

Cant' see the picture, but what I think you are describing is the black silicon boot that fits over the hot end. This needs to be there to hold the thermistor in place and help the hot end keep its heat constant.

3. Andrew Thompson

But why is it melting and ruining my prints? Shouldn't it be able to withstand the temperatures of ABS?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Looks like it's catching filament and dripping gunk. Is it oozing filament out the top of the nozzle block?

5. Andrew Thompson

I'm sorry, I just realized that I could remove the fan shroud easily (bit of a 3D printing noob), and indeed it was leaking out of the top, how would I go about fixing this?

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You should have a 4.5mm wrench that came with your toolkit. Grip the part above the heater cartridge with this wrench and then use a 7mm wrench to tighten the nozzle. This should be done hot.

[​IMG]