1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Any admin present?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ellaine, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Ellaine

Ellaine New Member

trying to post a thread but keep saying I have spam like content. I promise i dont

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Depends on how many posts you have done. New users are restricted from posting links and pictures for a certain number of posts -- 5 maybe? I am not certain on the exact number. That is run by an actual Admin (not a moderator) and they are gone ... the site is largely maintained just for helping people with the older printers.

tkoco and Ellaine like this.
  3. Ellaine

Ellaine New Member

Thanks for the response! Did you know if someone figured out how to fix the bed leveling for the R2 and how to fix the x offset because every time I print it wouldn’t change the actual number on the z-offset after I set it all up. But, the actual extruder would vary in distance from the bed even for back to back printing. Right now my solution is to print more support and manually adjust the bed right when it’s printing.

I would really appreciate if you could help me or send me to the thread of where I could find the answer to it

Thanks!

-Ellaine

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

tkoco and Ellaine like this.
  5. Ellaine

Ellaine New Member

Thanks Mark!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If you really need the Z offset wizard to work you would need to roll back to the previous release of the firmware, but I have found that just manually setting the Z offset on the LCD will take care of it. Remember (or understand) that the Z offset is always a negative number (for example -1.0 mm or whatever number works best for you) so don't put a positive number in there :) The further away from the bed the nozzle needs to be then the larger the negative value. Positive numbers would crash the extruder into the bed :)

7. Ellaine

Ellaine New Member

Yes, I remember. I think I’ll do that and revert to previous to see if that helps or makes a difference.

Mine had always had that problem thought. Got it from their KS. Out of the box I remember I would level the bed, set Z offset, even fine tune with the circles. But when I print after the extruded would dig into the bed or part of it as if the bed wasn’t level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ellaine

Ellaine New Member

I’m looking through older threads too to see if anyone brought up the issue before.

Also, I saw on one of the threads you sent me to that you use S3D for slicing. Any tips or codes you use for smoother operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ellaine

Ellaine New Member

Yes, I remember. :) Mine has always seemed to have problems with the z offset from the very beginning. I got mine during the Kickstarter. I just stopped using it for a while, but I want to use it a lot more now because I intend on using it to make parts to do compression molding with carbon fiber.
    I would always level the bed, set the Z offset, then even do the fine tuning with the circles. It would be perfect, then I start a print and the extruder would be digging into the bed or part of the bed (as if the bed is uneven, when it wasn’t like that when I did the fine tuning).
    I’m just reading up and looking all the way back from older threads also to see if anyone addressed those issues with the bed and Z offset before.
    Thanks for the advice! :) I think I’ll do just that though and revert to the previous version see if that helps at all.
    I think I saw on the other thread you sent me to that you prefer S3D for slicing.. that’s what I use, any quick tips or codes you use for smoother operation?

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Nothing specific to Simplify3D. By default their GCode is very good. If you wat smoother generally speaking adjust the print speed (slower is smoother) the acceleration (lower numbers are smoother) and jerk (same as the others, less is smoother). Don't make radical changes, experiment with 5-10% changes at a time.

Ellaine likes this.
  11. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

As Mark says, experiment with small changes. Also, save each profile as a new profile with a new name before you make any changes. That way, should the changes not get your desired results, you can reload the previous profile and start again. As a general rule of thumb, do not overwrite the original profiles for your slicing software. Always make a new profile.