1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Any ideas why its printing like this

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Terry Wheeler, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Terry Wheeler

Terry Wheeler New Member

I was printing the calibration circle and the printer stop printing but only in certain areas 20170319_115035-min.jpg 20170319_115035-min.jpg rinter seems to stop printing but only on certain areas of the print.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Looks like the bed is unlevel. Those sections where it is not printing is the nozzle jammed down tight against the bed?

3. Terry Wheeler

Terry Wheeler New Member

I believe it is. I let the printer run the 9 point check before printing, how would I level out the bed in those areas?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Manual leveling is the best bet. The issue with the autoleveling in that Robo uses in the version of the Marlin firmware that Robo uses is that it is not really that smart. Your best bet is to manually level the bed as much as possible firts.

The specifics of where you shim the bed is all that is Robo specific. Some folks use paper shims between the magnet and the glass bed and others use different things under the mounts for the Y axis rod to the base of the printer. Where and how you shim it is up to you.

Here is a good general video:

and another he did on autoleveling generically:

5. Terry Wheeler

Terry Wheeler New Member

Thanks I will give this a try