1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anybody using KISSlicer?

Discussion in 'Software' started by JDM_, Jul 17, 2013.

1. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I have had muptiple objects that Slic3r wont slice properly. I am considering switching to a different slicer program. Has anyone used KISSlicer for RoBo? How do you like it?

2. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

kisslicer is the only slicer program that i use, i prefer it over slic3er.

2 people like this.
  3. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Any way you could help me get set up on it Cambo? I tried a couple prints and RoBo's extruded just went to the right and grinned. I here it is a much better slicer. I have several designs where parts don't even show up after being sliced in slic3r. The tea pot knob I designed for my wife doesn't even print as the same shape using slic3r.

4. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

its fairly simple,
    just download the latest kisslicer. Setup the parameters for the printer. and set up your kisslicer settings. its not much different from slic3r.

what are you having trouble with?

5. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Not sure if I'm not importing it correctly into Repiter or what.... But when I tell it to print the extruded goes to the right front and causes it to grind. I have to hit the emergency stop button. Could you post a screen shot of your settings? Maybe I don't have a parameter setup correctly.

6. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

you probably dont have your printer parameters setup correctly

7. Drathus

Drathus Guest

4 people like this.
  8. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

I'm using kisslicer rc4
    KEEP IN MIND, my settings will be different from yours,
    because of my mods but it will show what parameters you need to enter.

unzip the following folder and move the files to your kisslicer folder. then when you open your kisslicer all my configs will be uploaded. you will need to change your printer parameters to match yours. Like I said mine is different from the stock robo setup. Your temps will also be different.

here are some screen shots also.
    hardware config
    hardware config.jpg

firmware config
    firmware config.jpg

extruder config
    extruder config.jpg

speed config
    speed config.jpg

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

this should help you get the correct printer parameters.

10. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

are there any real nice features in kissslicer or cura aside from the normal slicing such as slicing an object in half etc.

I have not heard of Cura before is it free where can it be found?

11. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

hey drathus, thanks for hijacking this thread but since were off topic anyway...
    If you would like to post comparisons please start another thread. Sorry don't mean to sound rude but keeps everything nicely organized.

here is the link for cura http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Cura
    cura works great the print path is one single line compared to kisslicer and slic3r. it minimizes retractions so prints are faster also. a lot of great features. Optimized for the ultimaker which is a bowden extruder but will work ok with direct extruders. Definitely blows any of the other programs out of the water in print speed.

12. Drathus

Drathus Guest

Honestly? I fail to see how posting a comparison picture featuring a program, in a thread asking if anyone has tried said program is off-topic. I'd have to say that complaining about it being off-topic is more off-topic than the post itself was. So pot, meet kettle.

13. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

well if you can't see it, let me explain it.

1. topic: Anybody using KISSlicer? not anybody know what the difference are between slicer programs.

2. he was asking how to set his kisslicer up, and out of nowhere, your comparison pops up.. how is that relevant?

3. read all the posts up till yours here... obviously yours has no relevancy to what was being discussed.

4. I usually don't care when people post random things but I thought it was just blatantly rude...That's like interrupting someone in the middle of a conversation...

5. anymore questions?

14. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

now back to the topic.

i hope those configs helped you out. if you have anymore troubles let me know. Like I said I prefer kisslicer over slic3r. Prints seems to come out nicer in my opinion.

3 people like this.
  15. Drathus

Drathus Guest

Well, first off to correct one of many assumptions, it's not my comparison, simply one I linked to since it was apropos to the thread.

Why did I think it was apropos to the thread? Because it contained a comparison of the slicer in discussion.

Now, had it had no mention of all of kisslicer and simply been a comparison of say Slic3r and cura, you'd have a valid point, but it isn't.

Nor was the thread subject, as you seem to imply, "Help me get kisslicer working". The wording implies a very general "what about this," to which I still feel despite your hostile and holier than thou attitude, makes the comparison on-topic.

Since you asked, sure. Who died and made you God of the forums?

Harry seemed to like the content I posted, as well as my posting in that I feel it was on topic, and I haven't seen JDM_ (who's thread it is) complain, so shouldn't that tell you that maybe the post was fine?

As for everyone else in this thread, I apologize for how this has devolved. I have one more post to make, but this experience has soured me on the Robo community, and I won't be back. Harry: I have a couple questions outstanding that you were going to get answers for, I'll direct them to you on twitter.

16. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

and yet you call me childish?

Quote from your other post
    People who seem to have not passed the third grade and are unable to tell the difference between "there", "they're", and "their."

And with that elementary school response, goodbye Robo community.

SORRY I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS A SPELLING BEE.

17. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey All. Lets get this thread, as Cambo had said, Back on track and use it for the support that was asked.
    - H

18. Brian-UK

Brian-UK New Member

I have been trying to print the fan bracket as of yet I have not managed to get through a print everything comes off the bed because the temp drops I have tried printing it using slicer and slicer retracts and reconnects all the time dropping blobs everywhere ruining the print I'm not sure why this print in particular does this when other prints don't do it. So I tried KISSlicer and I too have the same issue when I run the print it crashes the x-axis not sure why as all my settings look similar to the ones above so I have just downloaded and tried Cura and out of the three it's working pretty well the prints looking good if it can just stay stuck to the bed now it'll all be good :)

19. Brian-UK

Brian-UK New Member

I have been trying to print the fan bracket as of yet I have not managed to get through a print everything comes off the bed because the temp drops I have tried printing it using slicer and slicer retracts and reconnects all the time dropping blobs everywhere ruining the print I'm not sure why this print in particular does this when other prints don't do it. So I tried KISSlicer and I too have the same issue when I run the print it crashes the x-axis not sure why as all my settings look similar to the ones above so I have just downloaded and tried Cura and out of the three it's working pretty well the prints looking good if it can just stay stuck to the bed now it'll all be good :)

20. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Brian-UK
    I use vinyl electrical tape withe hairspray.
    I heat to 200, then drop to 190
    Using PLA

I print a skirt before the print and while it's printing I make sure there is a flat line and not a rounded looking line. Adjusting the Z axis accordingly.

I tried doing it onto the boro glass - with hairspray but I also got the print lifting. I heated the bed to 55 but I am new and not sure if that was enough.

I found the vinyl tape works. The only issue is that since the tape is not very wide, I get lines on the bottom of the print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk