1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone else get a refurbished printer?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gobblinfool, Sep 8, 2016.

1. gobblinfool

gobblinfool Member

well, I was wrong.. fired it up and when I turn the extruder on, it heats as expected, but the temperature for the bed shows that it's going up as well. the bed isn't actually heating.. I checked to make sure wires were ok and found nothing out of the ordinary.. waiting on support

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. BillUpNorth

BillUpNorth New Member

I just got a refurbished R1+ on Friday. Only two minor issues cropped up:
    1. The 115/230V slider was unmarked, and there was no way to tell which was which setting. I called up Support and we determined it needed to be to the right for 115... which was good since it was set to 230 when I got it.
    2. There was no USB adapter, but there was an SD Card. Unfortunately the SD card had the stickiest tape ever on the side with the contacts, and I was all out of something safe to easily clean it. So I had to download MatterControl separately.
    Even counting those I had my first calibration print (the calibration circle from MatterControl) done in under an hour from the time I opened the box. Over the weekend I ran it over 17 hours of printing to figure out what worked best for me for adhesion and other minor calibration, but even prior to the minor tweaking I was able to print some functional fidget-type toys (nested rings, etc) off Thingiverse with no issues (obviously some stringing, etc until I adjusted retraction and speed).

So far I'm very happy with the purchase...

Rigmarol likes this.