1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone else get their C2 yet? some print samples showing up

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by supernovae, Dec 24, 2016.

1. supernovae

supernovae Member

2. supernovae

supernovae Member

3. Stera8

Stera8 Member

I ordered it off Amazon. They said it would ship in 3 to 5 business days and I actually received it today. Very quick. I ordered it on Thursdays.

supernovae and WheresWaldo like this.
  4. supernovae

supernovae Member

Have you had much time with it yet? first impressions?

5. Stera8

Stera8 Member

Unfortunately, it is getting returned. I have tried 3 test prints and they all failed. They begin to print and then they get clogged up and the prints get ruined. I tried printing my own STL file. The test line printed fine, but the actually file did not stick to the grip tape they supply you.

Also, the one I received is defective. When I start any print, it makes a loud grinding noise. I talked to support today and they said I'm the second one who mentioned this error. Hopefully it gets fixed. I was excited about this printer.

EDIT:::::: 1/2/2017---- 8:02 AM

Allen McAfee (VP of engineering) reached out on Youtube. He mentioned pulling the rods to reset it in place since it wasn't properly hitting the switch. Grinding noise is now gone.

Only issue now is that my prints won't stick to the tape they provided. I'm going to run to home depot and get some blue tape and see if I see a difference.

Attached Files:

#5 Stera8, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  6. supernovae

supernovae Member

Good to hear they reached out to you! the c2 print bed is pla right? Have you tried other filaments to see if they stick better?

7. STEM_Steve

STEM_Steve Member

I'm having the same "stick" issue. I tried blue tape and it's not any better. Make sure you use the latest firmware if you try blue tape or else the z-offset won't be able to be set properly.

Has anyone found anything that actually makes PLA "stick". For transparency I'm using Hatchbox PLA

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Two things matter. (1) the z offset has to be correct so that the filament is pressed into place. Too high and it will not stick. (2) the print surface.

You shouldn't need blue tape on the C2 given the bed material, but try some hairspray (Aquanet is the usual brand). Ultimately you will likely need to experiment to find the secret sauce that works for you :) Hairspray, blue tape, glue stick, etc.

9. STEM_Steve

STEM_Steve Member

When calibrating the offset it says to use a piece of paper to gauge the gap between, what thickness of paper? I realize this may sound trivial, but there is a pretty signifigant difference between a standard 20lb piece of copy paper and a 24lb inkjet/laser paper. If the distance has to be this close to "stick" then the difference in 1mm I'm assuming will make a difference. There is also the balance of if it's too low to the bed you'll get a drag mark when the hotend goes to another section of a print. I'm still looking for that magic combination and this is my first "non heated bed". At this point I'm hoping a heated bed upgrade becomes available as I've never had a stick issue w/my Robo R-1

10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member