1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

ABS Anyone ever buy from cheap3dfilaments.com need feedback

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by BearsFan20, Jan 6, 2015.

1. BearsFan20

BearsFan20 New Member

I just ordered two spools I figured i would try them. They are based out of United States and they seem to have a decent website. I was close to ordering a full case but resisted because i wanted to wait. So i was wondering if anyone has ever heard of them or purchased their filament. Im just tired of all the e bay and amazon mystery filament. Thanks in advance. Any feed back would be appreciated.

2. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

I don't know about them but I will be shopping here as soon as I need more.

www.ordsolutions.com

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

eh, I have ordered filament from a lot of places (including eBay) and none has yet proven to be of real inferior quality.
    Let me say only that none of it has been a problem printing with.
    I have been through a couple of dozen spools and have at least another dozen still racked up being used so I think it is a decent sample size.

Now, that said, the filament from the bigger name vendors has been better packaged and 'dry' where some of the others was 'wet'.

4. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

You know what temp and how long to cook wet PA and ABS at?

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

this :

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,358174

has some guidance. I have never dried any wet filament other than using desiccant to store it in a big tupperware tub.
    Even when I print with 'wet' filament it doesn't wreck things, tends to spit and sputter a bit and with nylon it can add some cosmetic flaws, but other than that it still generally works.

3 people like this.
  6. BearsFan20

BearsFan20 New Member

thank you guys for your input. I have just received my filament and i must say i am very impressed with what I received. It laid down perfectly. Havent had one problem with the tolerance all weekend. I will definitely be ordering a full case from them soon.

7. BearsFan20

BearsFan20 New Member

Check out this I Pod Holder I made with the Green PLA 3mm from cheap3dfilaments

I_pod_Holder_Green3.jpg I-Pod _Holder_Green.jpg I_pod_Holder_Green2.jpg

3 people like this.
  8. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I wish they had transparent green, thats what I need now.

9. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

I mean.. they aren't CHEAP.. why not amazon. Hatchbox is well decent.. and same price to cheaper.
    Though I have to agree with Mark.
    It's all good. I bought an $18 KG of no name filament. It was soaking wet... once I dried it.. it was excellent. I've bought expensive and cheap.. its all the same ... well not the same.. but none of it is without drawbacks. I bought this IC3D ABS. Printed so smooth and shiny... beautiful.. BUT.. it loves to warp. Hatchbox seems to be very reliable and cheap.
    eSun as well.