1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone interested in learning about Arduino- a new kickstarter

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by James, Jun 15, 2013.

1. James

James Member

I believe I read on the forums somewhere that there was someone looking for help learning about arduino. I just found this new kickstarter offering. Its a complete kit. Looks interesting.
    Check it out. Pass it on. What do you think?

http://duinokit.com/

2 people like this.
  2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Thanks for sharing!

3. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I was think arduino is cool because you can learn as you go buy getting different components when you need to learn about them. The good thing about this is that the price if you got all those components may be pretty close unless you found them used at least where I am located anyway BUT the problem is if you did buy them separately you could then use the components in what ever project you were thinking of in the first place in this instance there are locked up in the device so you would have to go buy the parts over again. So it is a glorified breakoutboard. Just my two cents.

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

But James, thanks for bringing it to our attention we all are trying to bring new things into this group so thanks again

6. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

It reminds me of the electronics kit I had as a kid, where you had spring connections and you would just connect wires to different parts.

7. James

James Member

Yep Seshan. Exactly what I was thinking about when I saw it. Learning what an "electronic circuit " was and how To make a buzzer to anoy your little sister with...
    Yeah Cambo I thought it would be a bit overpriced but its an all in one Kit for learning. No soldering . Make your project by the book, get an idea how parts work together. Yeah the sainsmart kits look good also... cheaper too...

8. Dan Alich

Dan Alich New Member

Hi guys, just found these postings and appreciate your comments. I am the kit creator and I have been seeking feedback and comments for a while before the launch. The kit was not designed to be built into a robot, but merely as a means to learn about electronics and programming in the Arduino environment. I have included many components in efforts to facilitate ideas and learn how they all work. The end goal would be to move a successful project off the kit an into your application.

The kits for the 70s and 80s inspired me on this so that I could easily teach my kids and mt students the process of programming and build gadgets with electronics. I have parts all around my workshop and my students loose any parts just as soon as they get them. I wanted an easy, self contained method of teaching and learning.

I have the design background work completed, but if you can find me a supplier to cut down my component cost I would love to hear from you. I wish I could say I was making money on this project, but I really am not. The book, case and shipping added a lot to the final cost. I do have just the PCB, components and wires for only $150.

Thank you for looking and sharing your comments. I do appreciate your feedback, Dan

9. Electrocutioner

Electrocutioner New Member

Oh minen gott I loved those electronics kits as a kid. I consumed them like lego and had vast projects spanning the entire basement workbench. Got my first when I was 5 and just ate it up.. moved over to raw components and bread boards a couple years later.