1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone know exactly how to upgrade to this touchscreen?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by EvanC2, Nov 5, 2018.

1. EvanC2

EvanC2 New Member

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It won't :) (probably)
    Different style of touchscreen .
    HDMI rather than I/O pin driven.

I'd suspect that with the correct drivers loaded it will work, but I don't have the time at the present to try and hook one up and see.
    I have a few laying around that we keep attached as default Pi touchscreens and they are great for that. I don't have any of them connected to the Pi in the C2 :)

The R2 uses a larger screen, but AFAIK it is still using the Pi I/O bus for the touchscreen side of things

@WheresWaldo
    @Geof

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Yes the default R2 screen uses GPIO for touch input. There is a thread that explains what needs to be changed to use a USB based touchscreen in the Capacitive Screen upgrade mod.

Please note that any software changes will need to be reapplied if Robo ever upgrades RoboOS (or any part of their software).

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. EvanC2

EvanC2 New Member

Fantastic! Looks easy enough.

Also, by any chance do you know where to make an edit to expose the cursor? It would make so many of these LCD issues easier if the mouse cursor was still visible.

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

It should be in /boot/cmdline.txt, the first and only line should have a reference to cursor