1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone need another R2

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aaronwstone, Aug 17, 2017.

1. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

perfect, ill check those things out this evening also..

2. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

aaronwstone -

First, make sure your Robo firmware is up to date, otherwise you won't have the latest wizards. Next, the printed instructions that came with the R2 are out of date. So ... Perform these three steps to get your bed & offset set up:

1) Run the "Bed Calibration" wizard. This prompts you through the process of using a paper feeler gauge to manually level the bed (using the thumbscrews at the four corners) to minimize any tilt. This might take a couple of iterations. Adjusters should not be at the end of their travel and falling off.

2) Run the "Z-Offset" wizard. This feeler gauge process gets the offset close enough to run the following step.

3) Run the "Fine Tune Offset" wizard. It prints a straight line. Use the up/down buttons to move the bed as needed. It then prints another line. Repeat adjustments until you have a semi-compressed line that sticks. I use the plastic stylus to nudge the printed line each time. If it's not sticking, jog the bed up slightly and test again. Don't over-compress; you just want enough to get the line to stick. When finished, press Save. My Fine Tune Offset ended up being -7.50

I have no problems getting the Robo blue filament to stick. If anything, my prints stick too well.

3. Bemster

Bemster New Member

Just what Ed F. said. Adjust your all leveling screws out (or loosen) but not falling off. Leave a few threads showing. Watch when using the card as you can actually be deflecting the bed in the front and still be able to push the card underneath the nozzle. Just watch for the bed movement at this point as this should not be happening. I run the "bed calibration" at least twice as you will notice small changes required on the second go around. Just take your time. I suggest trying a small print like a 1" inch cube first and before you start using the "fine tune offset" just to make sure your in the ballpark. This will give you a little satisfaction before fine tuning. And a break.

Not sure if this is a setting or not but my R2 calibrates before every print - (9) places. While shipping issues have limited my use of my R2 I have yet to have a print not stick on the standard R2 bed using the Robo PLA filament. And I have did this bed calibration several times and looks like I will have in the near future again.

aaronwstone and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What you are seeing before every print is the 9-point autoleveling check/dance.
    Nice to help, but an actual level bed is a better choice :)

5. Bemster

Bemster New Member

I agree - It's more fining tuning procedure

6. Vince Westin

Vince Westin New Member

And if in the end you really want to sell it, send me a note with the price and let’s talk - vincewestin@gmail.com