1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Are People Having Success?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aaronwstone, Aug 25, 2017.

1. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

Im having a horrible time with this R2. I've gotten support here, I have gotten support from Robo, I have gotten support locally from a buddy that has 8 printers (all running). I have finally just given up on it. This was my first printer and I spent a lot of money on it because it seemed like it was going to be awesome. I just gave the printer to a buddy of mine and asked him to just go through it and see if he can find anything wrong with before I sell it.

Seem like a great deal of people are having issues.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson Volunteer
    Staff Member

Yes, many people are having success. Many are also have various issues (some minor, some major) just like most other printers out there :) You can get it sorted (and under warranty you should have already had them replace it if you are not having any luck).

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep thats my Vote. Replace it.

4. Vince Westin

Vince Westin New Member

Without details, it is difficult to help. Once you have the printer on the network to your PC, the web interface gives a great way to monitor and print. The Cura default settings will build Goode that works, though it is far from optimal. Doing the recommended tuning of the Z axis to be sure the printing is at just the right level is critical - without that, nothing will work well.

5. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

Currently ROBO has it. They have had it a couple of weeks now. No word yet.

6. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Perhaps they will swap it out for you?
    Any news back ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

Nearly 2 months later I finally have my printer back from Robo. The essentially replaced everything and calibrates it in house and returned it to me. I just got it back Friday and haven’t even unboxed it yet.

8. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

From what I understand, they're a bit backlogged on some of these. Perhaps they'll hire someone who could be semi-dedicated to fixing those warranty repairs.

9. mathewwben

mathewwben New Member

Hi,

Great posts by aaronwstone . you have done very good posts for me. Thanks for your discussions

10. John Wohlfeil

John Wohlfeil New Member

Today is Friday, October 13, 2017 - and YES, I am having success.

My R2 has been printing non-stop since coming out of the box just 2 days ago.

11. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Member

Good, I'm glad to hear it. I also had some issues with my R2, although I never had to send it back. The main issue was a bent z-axis lead screw. Once it was replaced, everything started printing fine. All of my other issues were operator error. I just didn't understand how everything worked and I really didn't understand that 3D printing is not easy, not at all. It takes a lot of experience to produce really good prints. Robo has tried helping me with some of these issues, but their customer service is - I'm sad to say - horrible. If they can get on their feet and start helping customers the way they should, it would be a fabulous company. As it is now, in order to actually get someone on the phone who knows what they are doing, it can take up to a week. That's unacceptable by anyone's standards, especially after shelling out $1500 for one of their printers. I happen to love my R2 now that I know how to properly operate it. After what I've been through with it, I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.

12. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Member

But I still want good customer service from Robo, regardless of what I do with my printer.