1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Assembly required???

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tesseract, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

OK not sure if this is known or not but I want to know and I don't so please tell me.

I have ordered a kit and I am curious exactly what will need to be assembled. Will I need to wire the ROBO3D myself or is the wring pretty much done in assemblies and then I simply hook them all together.

I build and fly RC airplanes and the kit form of the airplanes I buy range from a box of sticks and plans that can take weeks to months to build. ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) built in about 24 hours. Snap together in the field and fly right now.

Where does the ROBO3D kit fit into the scheme of things.

I am hoping it is put together in pieces that can be connected/wired and being able to run a first test print in about a day. Am I to hopeful???

Maybe we can get this clarified by the team if it is not known at this point by the majority of kit backers.

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Just saw the picture in the update that reminds me of an sticks and plans version which is OK I get to know how to build it really well I just hope their plans are complete and accurate.

3. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I believe the are making the wiring harnesses, but everything I'm guessing we will have to do.

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I got the impression from what they had written in the kickstarter campaign that it would be built into subassemblies. 'sticks and plans' is fine with me as well.

5. Leon Grossman

Leon Grossman Active Member

My expectation, and the reason I changed to a kit so I could get earlier delivery is that assembly time should be less than a couple of hours.

From the FAQ:

6. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Missed that one glad to hear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.