1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Autoleveling not working after RAMPS replacement

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheKoopaGaming, Oct 3, 2018.

1. TheKoopaGaming

TheKoopaGaming New Member

Hey, you guys have been very helpful in the past, hoping you can help me solve this problem.

I just replaced my RAMPS board, and everything seems to be going well except for auto leveling. When the printer goes to auto-level, it moves to the front middle point, goes right, goes right again and grinds along the sides, and then goes left and so on, but the bed never moves. What could be causing this? Thanks!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

At least one of your home switches is not reading correctly.
    You may also have a problem with the Y axis stepper or stepper driver if the bed NEVER moves at all.

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Manually move every axis. If Y doesn't move @mark tomlinson has you covered. If you mean X doesn't move to the home switch and instead probes from where it sits, your X endstop is likely wired backwards or something going on (with the x axis limit).

If Y moves manually but not during autolevel please copy and paste your gcode scripts here so we can look at them but also double check your home switch/wiring for Y as well.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. PickyBiker

PickyBiker Active Member

I would check the driver settings on the ramps board. If the current is too low, the motor won't turn, if it is too high, you get chatter. To fix chatter turn the tiny pot CCW. If the motor doesn't move, turn the pot CW.

Perhaps the easiest way is to use the old motor drivers in the new ramps card.

#4 PickyBiker, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

My Y axis was moving the opposite way when I replaced the RAMPS board. All of the servo plugs were facing the same direction on the original board, but on the replacement board the Y axis plug had to be reversed. There are several variations of the RAMPS board. Which one did you install?