1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Back to issues again...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by colton81, Mar 4, 2017.

1. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Well it works and it shows raspberries boot screen through the hdmi only

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That would have been my guess. The Pi is not configured for a secondary display and the HDMI will become the primary display (and the only one). I suspect with a USB mouse attached you would still be able to "drive" the GUI :)

3. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Well the touchscreen still works and it displays on both screens i attached a mouse to see if it would be easier to navigate instead of ysing the screen but it doesnt show the mouse. If i move the mouse around and click it will click on stuff but i cant see the mouse at all. I also attached a keyboard and certain configurations of buttons will take me to advanced screens but cant remeber what those buttons were One screen poped up and said i believe kivy. Im assuming thats the touch screen interface options

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Cool to know and I guess if you want the large screen display it is a nice option.
    You could use just about any screen with HDMI input.

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

That is because Robo is copying the framebuffer to both fb0 and fb1, so both displays can work, my rudimentary understanding of the rPi is that if you have a USB driven touchscreen it may work, but I think you can only have one touchscreen at a time. The touchscreen portion is totally separate from the actual display despite being one preconfigured unit. The rPi can drive an SPI driven or USB driven touchscreen depending on the drivers installed, that is why you have to install a driver from the display manufacturer, it's for the touchscreen circuitry not the actual display.

6. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Well got off the phone with Robo a little while ago and..... not much help he had no clue what the problem was and thought maybe the sensor was messing up. He talked to his engineering team and they have had no issues with the sensors so he pretty much threw that idea out the window. After verifying that i hbe already checked all connections and updated it he just said he has no clue and ill have to keep checking all the connections and make sure its all good. He is sending me a new bed but thats only part of the issue.

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Well, don't take "I don't know" for an answer under warranty.
    If "you don't know" then "replace the machine"

8. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea ive fot the machine apart going to put it back together after checking everything and see how it does if it doesnt work still then im contacting them back again

9. colton81

colton81 Active Member

so what is the C2 supposed to do when you canceling a print? does the build plate go all the way down? trying to make sure that its a issue on my end before i give Robo a call again tomorrow.

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I will have to test tomorrow. Have not cancelled one recently.

Sent from my BNTV450 using Tapatalk

11. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Ok thanks

12. EvanC2

EvanC2 New Member

How would you get the mouse cursor to work? I can't seem to get it going.

13. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

IIRC, you will have a hidden directory in your home directory named .kivy. It is located at /home/pi/.kivy, which contains file named config.ini. At the bottom of this file is the [modules] section. In this section, add the line:
    Code:
    touchring = show_cursor=true
    Now any Kivy app you run will have a working, visible mouse cursor! Since RoboTheme/RoboOS is basically a Kivy application it should work.