1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bad Power Supply

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hokiez, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Hokiez

Hokiez New Member

I've tried reaching out to support both by phone (several calls and a message) and the form on the website but can't seem to reach anybody. Is there another method/number anybody knows of? My unit shipped with a bad power supply and I need a replacement. Something in the brick must be overheating as the unit just completely cuts off mid-print which is really wonderful after it's been running for 7-8 hours and I have to start completely over. Basically there's no 24V coming out of it any longer (checked). Unplug from the wall and re-plug and whatever it is resets and the unit powers back on and there's now 24V coming through again. it only happens during long prints (over 3-4 hours) which really isn't that long.

Any help out there?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You need to really reach Robo3D directly.
    Everyone one here is a user too :)
    Robo 3D staff do not routinely monitor the forums.

The form on the website is the easiest way, calling might work since the problem is simple, but usually the calls go to a less than technical person unless you scheduled a tier-2 tech to talk to (which takes a few days to a week or more).

Geof likes this.
  3. Graham Tuck

Graham Tuck New Member

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have been having the exact same problem.

4. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

You can use a standard 24v 15a supply available from Amazon for $25. I have posted here "What to do when your power supply dies" and it shows how to remove the cable from your existing supply and attach it to the Amazon supply.

Or you can buy a new one from Partsbuilt.com for $94. https://www.partsbuilt.com/power-supply-r2-robo-3d/