1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Bad prints on new e3d v6

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Parker, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Parker

Parker New Member

I recently upgraded from the hexagon to the e3d v6 on my R1+. After adjusting the firmware and trying to print the calibration box in PLA, it looks awful. The corners rose up from the bed (which never ever happened before, I use glue sticks as the adhesive.) I tried five times to get a good print with calibration box but I cannot. I also tried printing calibration circle, but that was also messed up. I also tried slowing down the printer speed 10% to get more "squish" inbetween layers, but that didnt seem to help. I also made sure the settings had a .4 nozzle as thats what is currently on the e3d v6. Any suggestions?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Slowing doesn't provide more squish. It is likely the Z offset that needs adjusting. If you are using the "Official" Robo firmware then you need to adjust your G-code start up script so that M565 is adjusted closer to the bed (more negative is closer)

If you are using newer firmware, the community one here, then you must use M851 in place of M565.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Also, if you replaced everything your new thermistor might be reading slightly different and you may not be printing hotter than you want. Rereun a temperature test tower/print.

4. Parker

Parker New Member

How would I do that? I'm using mattercontrol if that means anything. Would I need to download a "temperature tower" and manually adjust the temps through the print?

5. Parker

Parker New Member

How can I change the g-code startup script? I looked at the gcode terminal in mattercontrol but I have no clue what I'm looking at lol.

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Parker Someone that has MatterControl installed will have to tell you where the startup G-Code is. You can also go to http://www.mattercontrol.com/ and look at the online documentation located there. They also have a forum for software issues.

7. Parker

Parker New Member

Would creating a z axis offset do the trick? What software do most people here use?