1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bed adhesion

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AlienBeans, Feb 9, 2019.

1. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

I've adjusted my z offset a few times and thought I had it set correctly, however, all of my recent prints have been EXTREMELY difficult to get off the print bed. The spatula that comes with the printer has scratched my print surface to where i"ve replaced the sheet twice in recent weeks and It appears I'll have to replace it again. I would love to get this corrected, but not sure what to try next.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey @AlienBeans if your first layer is level manually adjust the z probe distance a bit and it should be easier (increase the distance between the hotend and the bed). That’s in the utilities/eeprom menu. If you adjust the spring level it will only help for the one print, it has to be adjusted in the software for the home.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yep, it is entirely possible to get too much adhesion from that first layer.
    Some materials are worse for that than others (i.e. some materials adhere TOO well)

Geof likes this.