1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved bed center problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by moelafi, Oct 7, 2016.

1. moelafi

moelafi Member

hi guys,

we all know that the robo r1 plus has an issue where it prints on the back out of the defined print area, is there a way to fix that using the print center on the matter control app ?

secondly, i think i might have messed up the print bed today, i was printing 3 separate pieces on the printer, 2 were done and the third was printing so i thought of taking them off the heated since they are done and it wont be difficult to take them off, i went from the back of the printer and tried to scrape it off,,, at one of the scraps the print bed was moving backwards and i was scraping against its direction... and cuz i was kinda strong i stopped the bed from going backwards a bit of steps ! i know its a very dump thing to do.... after i let it go it continued going backwards...
    what happened after that is that the very top layer printing on the remaining 3rd print was printing off place... it was away form the print cuz of the way i held the bed.
    do you think this will cause a serious problem to my print or will it be fixed when i print with it next time ?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

As has been said many, many times if you mean the lines on the glass... you are wrong since they don't actually define anything :)

Also there are a number of posts on how to adjust the position by adjusting the size of the bed (which will adjust the center) but in my opinion it seems silly to loose printable area just to make a graphic painted on the glass realistic.

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It will be fine the next time you home the bed. The home is the only position sensor for any axis. The rest is calculated while it moves/prints. If you block/stop it then it will lose track of where it really is, but homing it will solve that

4. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Robo should put a big sticker on every bed saying "Bed Graphics DO NOT represent either print area or heater location - Remove Label before use".

I left my printer too close to the wall one day and it crashed into it at one point and loud noises ensued. Print was ruined but the next print and all others were fine.