1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bed Heating issues? Check the Spring Pins!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Omernik, Jul 25, 2017.

1. John Omernik

John Omernik New Member

I've seen a number of posts on the forum related to the bed not heating up. After looking through my printer, I noticed that the little board that sits under the heating bed has 6 pins all with a spring top.

Four of the six pins were up, and when I pushed down on them, would pop right back up. Two however, always stayed down. I removed the four screws holding the little board on, and unplugged the cable. Sure enough, when I held the board up-side-down, the non-springy pings extended to the same height as the springy pins. I believe they all need to be springy to make a good connection to the printer bed.

For me I was able to prove this during a pre heat cycle by slightly pushing down on the back of the bed. When I did that, the heating continued as normal.

So if you are seeing heating issues, check that component, I am less inclined to believe there are issues with the bed itself, but more the connection. (And this is a funny connection because sometimes it connects properly, and for me, the temp sensor connections were springing, therefore, the software believes the bed is connected properly... it is from a sensor perspective, just not a heating perspective).

Next steps, learn how to get the support folks to respond to my emails on the subject.

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

There's a whole thread about it.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

You call them. Its much faster than emailing. When your on the phone with them request Tier 2 support technician regarding pogo pin failure. Its a known issue they are working on a fix for from what I understand.

mark tomlinson likes this.