1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Bed leveling problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by gobblinfool, Sep 27, 2016.

1. gobblinfool

gobblinfool Member

so the x and y axes are not parallel on my printer.. I can have a paper tune really close on the front of the plate, and when I pull the plate all the way forward and it gets incredibly tight without adjusting the height.. it doesn't seem like the auto level compensates for this at all.. is there a way to adjust the bed on the r1+ to get the back side lower? I tried shimming the front of the bed but it doesn't seem to help..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Manual leveling is still the best way to get the best prints.

Auto Bed Leveling (ABL) in Marlin is not a perfect solution since it samples 8 points and then mathematically builds a level plane that intersects all 9 points and that is the 'level' plane it corrects to across the bed. (MESH leveling in the new versions of Marlin are a superior solution, but this is not enabled in the versions of Marlin that Robo provides. You look over the threads @WheresWaldo has on this if you are interested in upgrading yourself).

Here is one of Toms videos on this. It is not specific to Robo (but bed leveling is not specific to Robo). You can pretty easily transfer the ideas he is showing you into how they work on our printer. If not then we can help you address specific questions. Ultimately you shim the bed to level it. You can do this below the build plate frame (under the bearing holders that the bed rods move through) or above the build plate frame (between the glass bed and the frame).

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

With the original beta manual leveling was your only option so those of us who started with that model got good at it (or got rid of the printer)