1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Bed noise and filament not extruding on certain parts of bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by charlie13, May 14, 2016.

1. charlie13

charlie13 New Member

Hi All! I'm new to the forum and decided after 6-7 hours of searching to ask directly some questions to the members. I have a Robo 3D R1 Plus. I have done the G28/29 to calibrate the auto bed adjustment about 50 times. I have two issues that I was hoping yall could help with.

1) The bed makes a grinding noise when ever its doing its 9 point bed alignment when it moved to the farthest part of the test (last 3 steps). Basically when the bed comes towards me it makes the grinding noise. I looked under and it appears that the bed belt is still trying to go forward when the bed has reached it's maxed limit. There is a switch for when the bed goes towards the rear but not for the front. I does not appear that the bed is catching on any wires. If I move it freehand it does not have an issue, it is only when the bed is self moving during prints that are towards the top of the plate or during the last 3 points of the 9 point auto bed test. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2) When ever I print anything outside of the very center, the filament will not be placed on certain parts. It will lay the perimeter filament except on certain parts(in my case the bottom left side of the glass pane if you are looking from above). I'm assuming this occurs because the nozzle is too close to the glass. I thought the auto bed level adjusted for the bed difference. If I adjust the G-code Z offset the printer head will be too far on one side and just right on the other or vice Versa. I believe it may be an adjustment issue. Any idea on how to fix this?

Also, anyone notice that if you run a G29 the 9 points follow the approximate corners of the plate decal but if it does a G28 first its starts higher? I think this is what causes my plate to make the noise when going to the upper level of the plate. If I run back to back G29 without a G28, I end up not having the plate noise.

Thank yall in advance for the help.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. charlie13

charlie13 New Member

Mark,
    Thanks for the response. I rechecked under the bed and observed some plastic in the center belt (the one that controls the movement of the table). I removed it and it works without issue now. Looks like it maybe some manufacturing material (orange soft plastic).

As for the bed leveling issue. I have already seen these videos and have adjusted the bed close to zero. I did notice that the right bracket which holds the switch won't allow me to set it flush like the left bracket. Could this be the issue?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes.you can loosen the mounting bracket (there is a screw) and re-position it so that both switches are close to the same.