1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Bed not heating, MC shows same temp as extruder

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SoreEyes, Aug 17, 2018.

1. SoreEyes

SoreEyes New Member

Hi there,
    Recently I pretty much replaced my Robo R1+ electronics (hot end with thermistor, ramps from Robo, new genuine arduino Mega, not a knockoff). I damaged the hot end cleaning a clog.

What prompted this? Bed stopped heating, forums said FET on Ramps is toast. Smell and toasted pin on green connector seemed to confirm. New Ramps from Robo arrived, Bed still not heating up. Hot end works, but temperature for HE and bed shows same value, even when bed is off. Suspected bad Mega, ordered a new one from Arduino website. Ii arrived today, flashed Robo firmware. Same behavior. With bed heater off, bed temperature shows same temperature as extruder. Even when bed thermistor is disconnected. Any help is much appreciated.

Do I need a new printer?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

New RAMPS is most likely the issue. That is more likely failure, not the Arduino. In fact the Arduino is usually the last suspect :)
    Either the RAMPS is bad or somehow the wiring was connected incorrectly.

3. SoreEyes

SoreEyes New Member

Thanks for reply. I used wiring diagram from Robo's support email.
    If not the Mega, I don't ming an extra arduino to play with. But I really miss my working robo.
    What's weird is that the replaced ramps had the same symptom.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Geof has a great thread on replacing a PLUS board with a generic RAMPS/Arduino, it also shows all the wiring. Use it to compare it to your setup. Like @mark tomlinson says it may be just a misplaced wire.