1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bed Not Raising, Buzzing Sound

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KRGraphicsCG, Jul 20, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Something is mechanically bound on that threaded rod. Make certain you totally powered down and unplugged the printer.
    If you still can't get the rod to turn fiddling with it then a call to Robo support is in order.

2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Quite the dilemma: you'd like to peek inside that trap door but the lowered/blocked bed is hindering access. If it were me, I think I'd turn off/disconnect power from the printer, remove the filament holder, remove the bed at those magnetic points, turn the printer upside down.

Next, I'd gently shake it a little while trying to twist the vertical z rod a little one way, then the other. If something's (a cable is) jammed into that below the surface, sometimes gravity can be manipulated like this. If it frees itself, then the rod will start moving easier.

(I'll note that the red/black thin pair of wires on my filament run-out switch on the back are totally routed right into this critical area and could potentially get jammed.)