1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bed not raising

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AlienBeans, Jan 12, 2019.

1. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

Several here know that I have the palette 2 pro to print multiple materials/colors. Well, I wanted to do a basic single color print so I loaded the filament directly into the R2 like I would normally do without the palette. Hung the spool on the back like I've always done (with spools that fit. lol). Open up Robo cura and load the file and send it to the printer through the network. All this is how I've always done a print. Well, the last 2 times I've tried to do this, the bed doesn't move. It preheats the bed and the extruder, then after heated up, the print head moves a few inches to the rightand starts extruding filament into mid air and acts like its doing a print. No calibration, no primer line and the bed never raises. Is this something others of you have experienced? If so, how did you solve it?

If I load into Canvas (palette's slicer) and print, it seems to print normally except the project I'm trying to print now, for some reason the Skirt didn't stick to the bed and neither did the first layer of the 2nd item on the bed. First didn't look that great but was in proper position. I will note here that this is an STL file I created by splitting another STL file because the original was too big for the R2 print bed. Is it possible that the STL is just generating a bad gcode?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

What is your start up g-code in both
    1. Cura?
    2. OctoPrint?

Geof likes this.
  3. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

WW, as soon as I saw your post, I remembered what I think is part of the problem. When I put the palette into the mix, I removed the start/end gcode in octoprint and loaded them into Canvas. That would probably be why the bed doesn't raise when using cura. I'm going to try a print again using cura and see if it cooperates. Could this be why the skirt didn't stick? I'm going back to a raft for this print to see if it cooperates. I'll post back with results.

4. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Active Member

Ok. That appears to have solved the issues. Bed came up like it's supposed too and the raft is printing now. Thanks WW for forcing me to think a little. :) Much appreciated.

Geof likes this.