1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Benchy overhang issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Momenslythe, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Momenslythe

Momenslythe Member

I am having an issue with the overhang in the front of my benchy on my R2. I'm not sure what causes this issue. Both of these are using the same Z-offset even though the first layer looks drastically different. The rest of the features on the benchy with exception to the nub on top of the chimney are fairly good.

Print Setup
    I used the default Normal Quality settings for PLA in Cura for Robo3D as a basis. I changed the following.
    Material: PLA
    Temp: 95
    Fan Speed: 100%
    Quality: Normal (0.1mm layer)
    Infill: 25% or 50%
    Adhesion type: Skirt 2mm spacing, 15 lines

benchy overhang sep 13.png

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I assume temp is 195?

It still may be to hot. It could also be the cooling fans just arnt cooling enough and need some work. What version cooling fan mount are you running? Stock?

3. Momenslythe

Momenslythe Member

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I admit that ducting the fans seems like a good idea (full-disclosure I have NOT ducted the C2) however so far in the tests I have done with the R1/R1+ machines it makes zero difference to part cooling that I can see. The best thing to do to improve part cooling is to get a beefier fan :) One that moves more air. If you really are suffering from inadequate parts cooling then a replacement fan is a better approach than fan ducts (IMHO, YMMV, Void where prohibited, etc.)

Geof likes this.