1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Best 3D Printer under $1000

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KTMDirtFace, May 30, 2016.

1. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised really. Printing nerd likes it. .. im having a really hard time getting this to share a t the right spot in the video, wtf youtube.

anyway around 1:01:42 is where you want to go to hear Joel say the robo is great...Youtube is being stupid and wont let me share the right time so check the video and go to 1: 01:42 ish.

#1 KTMDirtFace, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Geof likes this.
  2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

yeah, he has been working with it a bit and has had good luck. I think the Prusa i3 MK2 is going to be more bang for the buck at that price point these days. He talks about that in from the MF Bay Area videos (and maybe in this one) and how accurate the layer overlap is and how you don't see the familiar layers in the print like on other printers from what he saw at MF. Like he and Angus say though, the best printer under $1000 is the one that fits your needs best. We all look for certain criteria when shopping for a printer.

Printed Solid likes this.
  3. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I agree I was looking for something to get started into 3d printing and one with a large build volume. The lines at this time don't make a difference, I'm sure that once I get the hang of it this printer will print as well as any. These are the beginning of a new technology that is still in the infant stage.

4. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

I would also say that the Flashforge Creator Pro is quite nice but its a tad over 1000. I had a heavily modified replicator 2, and my buddy bought the flashforge. they were nearly identical but he didn't have to mod his to print things other than PLA. ( dual extrusion on it is a pain like on every printer so we removed one of his nozzles lol.)

Yea its whatever works for you. I sold my expensive replicator 2 and have two robo3d's now because they work for me and I like them.

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.