1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Best Interface for Robo 3D R1+

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BR3M3RB, Aug 5, 2020.

1. BR3M3RB

BR3M3RB New Member

I've been printing with my two Robo 3D R1+ for a while now always from the SD or micro SD card. When I used to print directly from MatterControl I experienced countless issues so I stuck with the external devices.

The only things I use the MatterControl for is to preheat and home all the axis. But lately I've been having issues with the connection with my printers while using my desktop computer (it seems to be working fine in my laptop). Every time I try to connect to my previously set-up printers it asks me to unplug and plug the cable as if it was the first time and I'm really getting tired of it.

Note: The MC version I currently use is one of the oldest I think. I couldn't find the way to preheat and home axis with a button in the newer versions.

I've seen a couple of screen&board hardware upgrades to control the printer without the need of a computer, but I still not sure if really need it.

For now I would like to know what interface would be good to be able to preheat and home all axis with a click.

2. ArmoredAmir

ArmoredAmir New Member

I've been using an old version of Cura for a long time now with no issues on my Robo 3D R1+. Cura 15.04.2. I tried to jump recently to the latest version of Cura but I still have to tweak some settings to get the same results or better than the old Cura. I do have screen&board so I don't need a computer hooked up. It's nice so in case your computer decides to shut off randomly or the program crashes the print isn't done so I would recommended one.

3. BR3M3RB

BR3M3RB New Member

Do you know if there's a way to pre-heat and home all axis in Cura with a single click? I mean without having to program and run some Gcode to do it.

4. ArmoredAmir

ArmoredAmir New Member

I have no idea about the program communication directly to the printer. On my external screen/board I can preheat and home all axis. Sorry for late response

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

I've been using Matter Control version 1.7.5 for a few years. You could still download it. It's 26.3 MB so it's too large to attach to this post.